Master Social Worker Job Description
Master’s level assessment and treatment of individuals with mental, emotional, and chemically dependent disorders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Below is a list of major duties and responsibilities that may include but not limited to:
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
- Exhibit deep respect for cultural and generational differences with patients
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity
- Conducts patient assessment interviews, provides referrals and coordinates discharge plans.
- Identifies and provides helpful resources to patients and families.
- Maintains patient records and documents and communicates critical information to RNs and physicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and required certifications through continuing education and development.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- MSW required
- CPR certification
- Previous social work experience in a behavioral or health care setting preferred.
Mercy Behavioral Hospital is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Mercy Behavioral Hospital makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.